Maria dei Miracoli was built between 1481 and 1489 on a project
by Pietro Lombardo with the aim of giving a worthy placing to
the icon of the Virgin venerated since the 1408.
Church became one of the best example of the Venetian Renaissance:
coloured marbles, false colonnade on the walls, semicircular pediment...
Interior has just one nave with a barrel-vault and is dominated
by the big stair leading to the main altar totally decorated with
statues by Tullio Lombardo, Alessandro Vittoria and Nicoḷ di
Pietro, while the vault is divided in fifthy coffers decorated
with the prophets's faces, a work by Gerolamo Pennacchi's brother,
Vincenzo dalle Destre and Lattanzio da Rimini.