foundation dates back to the ninth century but was subsequently
transformed during the Renaissance.
Facade, as appear nowadays, was built by the architect Mauro Codussi
at the end of 1400.
All the walls of the aisles are painted with religious scenes,
as the Adorazione dei Magi and l'Adorazione dei Pastori,
or representing the daily life of Venice, as the Visita annuale
del Doge alla Chiesa nel giorno di Pasqua. The head of Serenissima
Republic used to come here in Easter to commemorate the gift,
a big part of a vegetable garden, done by the nuns at the end
of 1200 allowing the widening of Saint Mark Square.